Who doesn’t love the festival of Diwali! Diwali is one of the most favorite Indian festivals. We all love to decorate our home on the special occasion of Diwali. We wear new clothes, we light diyas and most importantly we exchange sweets and other goodies with our friends and relatives. If you wish to make your home look picture perfect this Diwali then the following Diwali Decoration ideas will definitely help you out.
- Clay Diyas: Brown colored earthen diyas with a tinge of gold and silver look most beautiful. These clay diyas are available in variety of shapes and sizes. Some look like an open flower while some look like the shape of the sun. Choose your pick and light them up by filling ghee or oil. Special cotton balls are available which light up when they are dipped in ghee or oil.
- Flour Diyas: As the name suggests this kind of diya is made from flour. If you live abroad then finding clay diyas is going to be very difficult. Diwali is incomplete without diya decoration. You can very easily solve this crisis by making flour diyas at home. Prepare the dough using flour and water. Make chunky balls from the dough and give them the desired shape of a diya. You need to keep them in sun to dry them up. Drying makes them hard. You can then color them with the color of your choice. You can use acrylic or poster colors for painting them. Dry them again and they will be ready for decoration.
- Decorating Diyas: You can further decorate the diyas to make their setup beautiful. You can make use of flowers to decorate diyas; rose petals are always a great choice for diya decoration. You can decorate the diyas by bedazzling them with small pieces of glass, sparkle, kundan, motis, etc.
- Floating Candles: Floating candles look extremely beautiful as a part of Diwali decoration. They are available in different types of scent. The aroma of these candles gives your house a heavenly smell. You can place them in your pool. You can also setup a small indoor pool area and place the floating candles there. You can also place it inside your house on the dining table. There are special portable water carriers available in the market where you can place these candles.
- Flower Decorations: Flowers are must when it comes to Diwali decorations. You will need flowers to decorate the worship area of your house. Floating flower along with flower candles is very sophisticated idea for Diwali decoration. Placing bouquet of freshly picked flowers of different varieties also gives a fresh look to your house. Flowers have a sense of calming down nerves and bringing in the joy of festivity.
- Rangoli Decorations: The best decoration of Diwali is a beautiful Rangoli. Rangoli is made from colored rice powder and paint. A Rangoli design in shape of flower is most appropriate for the purpose of Diwali. Rangoli is considered to be good luck during the festival of Diwali.