Admission to different institutes coming under UPTU and AKTU will be done on the basis of merit of the entrance examination. There are different norms corresponding to admission for the 1st year and direct admission in different courses. Below are the details of the admission procedure.
Admission of the first year
Admission for first year students will be done through the entrance examination. This process covers admission to institutes affiliated to AKTU, Lucknow and it also includes other mentioned universities coming under the territory of Uttar Pradesh for the academic year of 2017-2018. This entrance examination will be conducted by Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow. Following are the courses that are being offered under this scheme of examination for the first year.
- 4 years B.Tech/B.Tech. (Ag. Engg.) Course
- 4 years B.Pharm. Course
- 5 years B.Arch. Course
- 4 years BHMCT course
- 4 years BFAD Course
- 4 years BFA Courses
- 3 years MCA Course
- 2 years MBA Course
- 5 years integrated MAM Course
Seats for First year under different schemes
- The admission to different seats of all institutes will be done only through the entrance exam UPSEE- 2017. This will be done only after deducting the sears for the NRI candidate in the first year
- The state government has offered 15% of the seats to be filled by the NRI students under the management quota for all private institutes. Apart from all these seats the remaining seats will be filled on the basis of the merit of UPSEE-2017.
- The government has offered 10% of the seats for students who are not a domicile of the state and has passed the qualification examination through an institute outside the state. This 10% seats in technical and architecture courses will be done on the bases of the merit without any reservation for private institution affiliated to AKTU.
- The state government has also offered a 20% of the seats to be filled through Common Management Admission Test (CMAT-2017) to BA courses in private institutes.
- Remaining 65% seats in MBA and 85% seats in private institutes will be filled with the help of UPSEE- 2017.
Admission to first year under different schemes
Admission for Non-Resident Indian candidates in First Year
The NRI students will be given direct admission on 5% seats of the total intake in the Govt. / Govt. aided and Private Institutions. These institutions must be AICTE approved for NRI seats. The students seeking admission under this scheme do not require appearing for the UPSEE- 2017. The candidates appearing for the B.Arch. course under this scheme will have to go through an Aptitude test on the day of counseling.
Admission to Kashmiri Migrant in first year
As per the rule of AICTE and orders from the state government all the Kashmiri migrants will be given direct admission to the various institutes. These admissions will be done over and above the sanctioned intake of the institution. The intake is limited to one per institutes coming under AKTU. The guidelines for admission under this scheme will be posted in the month of May on the website http://www.aktu.ac.in. The candidates opting for this scheme do not require appearing for the UPSEE-2017.
Admission to foreign nationals/ persons of Indian origin / children of Indian workers in gulf countries
The different institutes will be offering admissions to FN/PIO/CIWGC up to the extent sanctioned by AICTE as per the eligibility criteria. The quota of seats is made available to all the students coming under this scheme. Although if any of these seats remain untaken will be allotted to other candidates. People coming under this scheme for taking admission need not appear for the UPSEE.
Admission to fee waiver seats for economically weaker meritorious students
As per the AICTE guidelines the students who are economically weak will be provided admission to institution coming under AKTU, Lucknow for all under-graduate institutions. The seats available under this scheme are limited to 5% of the total intake of the institutions. The admission will be on merit basis and students seeking admission under this should submit the certificate no. 12 (income certificate) at the time of document verification.
Direct admission to second year of B.Tech./ B.PHARMA./ MCA
- Students seeking admission direct admission to the 2nd year of B.Tech. (For diploma and BSc graduates) or B.Pharm (only for pharmacy diploma holders) or MCA (for BCA, B.Sc (IT/ Computer Science) degree holders) needs to submit the application form before deadline. The admission will do directly to institutions affiliated to AKTU, Lucknow. However the candidates will have to appear for the specified paper of entrance examination.
- Direct admission seats are limited to a maximum of 20% in addition to the sanctioned intake in the institutions. The B.Sc. students shall be considered only after the diploma students.
- Direct admission to the 2nd year will not be made to the B.Arch. / BHMCT/ BFAD/ BFA/ MBA/ MAM courses.